In 2012 President Obama declared November National Entrepreneurship Month, and he picked the third Tuesday of the month to be National Entrepreneurs’ Day. It’s a day worth celebrating at UNeTech, where we spend our time working with brilliant minds who are shaping the way we live each day.
President Obama said each November National Entrepreneurship Month should be a time when “we celebrate the remarkable and everyday successes of our entrepreneurs and innovators, and we reaffirm our commitment to ensuring our economy remains the engine and the envy of the world.”
Here’s just a small sample of some of the incredible innovators and entrepreneurs we’ve had the pleasure of working with over the past few months:
- A Psychiatrist who created a way for healthcare workers to collaborate with pharmaceutical companies so patients can get their prescriptions faster.
- An eye surgeon who invented a syringe to make sure that patients only get the exact amount of medication they need when doctors are performing complicated eye surgery.
- An Omaha surgeon who invented affordable laparoscopic surgery tools and safety standards because he was determined to provide safe surgery for poverty-stricken patients in India and China.
- An engineer and a physical therapist who created a competitive, videogame-style way for medical students to practice surgery techniques by plugging the system into their own laptops or iPads.
- Two Anesthesiologists and the vice president of an Omaha manufacturing company who teamed up to make a mask work better so COVID patients and their healthcare teams could all be healthier in the middle of a global health pandemic.
We will tell you more about these and other entrepreneurs during National Entrepreneurship Month. UNeTech innovators and entrepreneurs seek out problems and gaps in their fields and face them head-on. They provide bold and creative solutions. UNeTech is proud to partner with them, and we are thrilled to celebrate them today on National Entrepreneurs’ Day and every day.